Manufactured by Westland, Resolva Xtra tough Super Strength Weedkiller is a concentrated strong weed killer. It kills weeds from the roots and is effective on a wide variety of annual and deep-rooted perennial weeds and broad-leaved weeds. As its name suggests, Resolva Xtra Tough works to eliminate tough, hard to control weeds.
Resolva Xtra Tough Weedkiller uses a unique IQ technology for best performance. It contains glyphosate diammonium and D-Glucopyranose oligomeric, decyl octyl glycosides which target weeds from the roots.
Also, it is biodegradable and breaks down in the soil through micro-organisms. Rainfall can reduce the effectiveness of this product, so it is advised you check with your location weather station before application. It has an ergonomic packaging design that makes it easy to use.
This weed killer is a systemic herbicide and is non-selective and non-residual. It differs from a contact herbicide because it seeps into the foliage and moves down into the root system of the unwanted plant. Once it reaches the root system, it targets the enzymes responsible for the growth of the weed. As a result, this weed killer is ideal for controlling deep-rooted perennial weeds.
The best time to use this product is in between late February to early September. Ensure that there is no rain expected within 24 hours of application.
Use on a calm day when the weeds are actively growing and have a big leaf area to absorb the weed killer spray.
Furthermore, be very careful not to get any weed killer residue onto desired vegetation and crops. Avoid using on lawns unless you want to kill it. This product is best suited if you want to remove an area overridden with unwanted vegetation.
This weedkiller works on the following weeds and much more:
- Broad-leaved dock
- common couch,
- common thistle
- common nettle
- curled dock
- ground elder
- creeping buttercup
- sow thistle
- red clover
- sheep’s sorrel
- scotch thistle
- spear thistle
- willow herb
- white clover
- hite dead nettle
Before using, it is best practice to read the label and pamphlet supplied with each purchase entirely. Shake well before application. You will need a garden sprayer to use this product.
Here’s how to use it:
- Take off the sprayer trigger
- Take off white safety sticker
- Remove the bottle lid
- Measure and dilute the weed killer with water inside the garden sprayer
- Adjust the spray pattern to the mist size you want
- Spray onto unwanted vegetation
Sachet dilution rates
|Use||Amount to use in sprayer per litre of water||Area treated||Best time for optimal performance|
|Use on annual weeds and grasses||15 millilitres||40 square metres||Best time to use is when weeds are actively growing and have at least 5 centimetres of leaf and|
|Perennial weeds and tough broadleaved weeds||25 millilitres||40 square metres||Perennial weeds actively growing when are near the flowering stage|
Results will begin to show within a week, but tougher weeds may take up to 4 weeks to completely die off.
- After each use thoroughly wash all equipment
- Store product in a safe location at room temperature
- Do not use galvanised or unlined garden sprayers
- Wear gloves, face mask, and eye goggles to maximize safety
- Do not use in aquatic areas because it can endanger marine life
- Do not make contact with the spray. If contact occurs, then thoroughly wash the area with soap and water.
- Do not allow run-off into drainage
- Do not let pets or kids into the treated area until the spray is dry.
The Resolva Xtra Tough Super Strength Concentrate weed killer is an active, concentrated herbicide suitable for jobs that require complete elimination of unwanted vegetation.
- Effective on all types of weeds
- Ergonomic design for easy handling
- Ideal for eliminating vast areas of vegetation
- Uses unique IQ technology to kill weeds from the roots
- Can take up to a couple of weeks to work
- Can pose a risk if contact occurs with treated areas that have not dried up.
For a similar product check out Roundup Total Gel Spot Treatment.
If you found this article helpful, help us by sharing this page through your favourite social media website or leave a comment below.