Weedol Pathclear Weedkiller is a herbicide made by Scotts Miracle-Gro. It is one of the most popular weedkillers on the market today with over 80 five-star reviews. Let’s see what makes it one of the most effective weed killers.
Weedol Pathclear contains the active ingredient, glyphosate diflufenican. Thus, it is a residual herbicide that acts either through the soil or foliar and remains in the ground for multiple weeks. It has a systemic action effect that kills leaves and roots of deep-rooted perennial weeds.
Once the spray makes contact with the leaves of the weed, the upgraded formula seeps through the leaves down into the plant’s root system.
Initially, it kills off existing weeds such as dandelions, stinging nettle, and couch grass, but also forms a barrier that prevents weeds from re-emerging up to 3 months.
Weedol Pathclear is a very easy to use product that does not require careful measuring like many other weed killers on the market. It is ideal for use in driveways, waste grounds, paths, and patios. Weedol pathclear competes with Patio Magic Mould and Algae Remover as a patio weed killer.
Weedol Pathclear is available in 5 litre, 12 tubes, 18 tubes, and 6 tubes sizes.
Furthermore, it kills the roots of the weed and prevents new seedling from growing up to 90 days. It can be applied at any time between the months of
March to September. However, check with your local weather station to check if it will rain within a 24 hour period. Rain reduces the effectiveness of the product and poses the risk of run-off which can end up in the drainage system. Also, do not apply during windy conditions because it constitutes a danger for the spray to drift.
For best results, apply during spring when the weeds are actively growing and before when new seedlings germinate. Moreover, wait a couple of weeks after application for the weeds to die completely before removing the dead weeds.
Weedol Pathclear is best for use on gravel paths, drives, along fences and walls. Do not use on top of concrete, paved areas, tarmac, and decking which have an impermeable layer underneath because there is a risk of run-off onto nearby land and gutters.
One of the convenient features of this weed killer is that its package consists of tube sachets which make the whole process a lot easier.
- Use a watering can or garden sprayer.
- Take one sachet tube from the Pathclear box and mix it with one litre of water in the knapsack sprayer or watering can.
- Begin spraying on weeds and ensure that the spray makes contact with the soil to prevent new seedlings from germinating
- Once finished applying, thoroughly wash all equipment. If there is some weed killer solution remaining, dispose of it in an area with unwanted vegetation, away from drains and gutters.
Weedol Pathclear is likely the best for use on hard surfaces such as drives, paths, and gravel areas. It’s effect formula reaches the deepest roots of the weed to eradicate it in a timely manner.
- Effective on all types of weeds
- 5L container includes a FREE one-touch battery operated spray applicator with an extended spray lance for accurate spraying
- Weedol Pathclear tubes and sachets are easy to measure and mix
- Prevents weeds from re-emerging for up to 3 months
- Affordable pricing
- Only for use on hard surfaces and cross-contamination can kill desired plants
- Can take about 2 weeks to work which may not be good for those looking for an immediate result.
- Do not use in aquatic areas because this product is harmful to marine life
- Wear coveralls, eye goggles, face mask, and a pair of gloves to avoid contact with spray during application
- Do not spray onto garden areas or lawn unless you are planning to get rid of them
- Keep children and pets away from treated area until product is dry
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling centre that accepts hazardous waste.